Tuesday, July 28, 2015

About me - Term 3 Week 2

Hi my name is Liam, I am new at Parkvale School.  I have come from China, I have been in China for five years.  My mum's friend got a really good job teaching as a boss of a school and there was a space for my mum to go.  She was a teacher for a year 2 class, then after the 2nd year she moved down to nursery.  The children in nursery are the four year olds.  She taught there for one year and then went back to year 2 for another 2 years.  
The differences between my school in China and Parkvale is that it has a different name of course - DCSZ (Dulwich College - Suzhou, China).  In my old school we have 3 big buildings, one for senior school, one for junior school and a building for the youngest is called Ducks.  In my old school the football field is made of astro turf and not grass.  There are two playgrounds and they don't have the same equipment as here.  In China the playground has a big slide, some climbing nets and some monkey bars.  The playgrounds are a similar size.  
In China I didn't take a school lunch everyday, we used to have Chinese type meals like noodles with little bits of vegetables and meat.  I liked my home lunches better because I didn't like the school lunches as much.  
The best thing I like about Parkvale is that there isn't a big hallway to walk through to get to the outside.  I like the school lunches that my mum gives me and I love the chromebook and the fact that I have a blog!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Liam. I hope you have been having a great start in our school. I really like your blog post because you have given lots of detail about you and your old school. Keep the great work up!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liam great post it has alot of information. What school do you like better? Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liam, your blog post is very cool, I liked how you done a blog post about what was the different's from Parkvale and DCSZ. What an awesome post Well Done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi liam it sounds like the china school that you went to sounds really fun i can't believe your mum was a teacher and that she worked at the nursery great start to the term liam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work Liam! I love reading your experiences coming back to NZ and the differences between your old school and Parkvale. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi liam! good to see you writing such interesting stories- keep it up! dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is cool i like it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work and what a great start to your blog ✔ so interesting keep up the good work ✔

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work! You must have been nervous at a new school,But it's a great school.I wonder what is it like in china?! I have learnt heaps about you, and it
    is fun to learn many different people from different cultures.My wish is that you put more detail in you will get there. Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete